Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly event hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. Check it out here to see other top ten lists and bookish blogs! You can also check out some of my own personal Top Ten Tuesdays here, here, and here.
I decided the first half of this list would be books specifically released in 2017, and the other half would be books on my TBR list for this upcoming year, regardless of when they’ve been published. Without further ado:
- The Most Dangerous Place on Earth by Lindsey Lee Johnson – I have been reading the ARC version of this novel and have loved the drama and high school angst in this book!
- Caraval by Stephanie Garber – I’ve mentioned my excitement for this book a couple of times before (see here), but again, I am incredibly excited for this book. Two sisters on a mysterious island and a legendary once-a-year performance? Yes please!
- A Separation by Katie Kitamura – This book is described as a searing character study, of a couple whose marriage is falling apart. Character driven novels settles right into my wheelhouse.
- Sing, Unburied, Sing by Jesmyn Ward – I loved Jesmyn Ward’s Salvage the Bones, so I’m beyond excited for her to have a new release.
- Swimming Lessons by Claire Fuller – another ARC I’m in the middle of right now. Her prose is beyond beautiful, y’all.
- Evicted by Matthew Desmond – A study of the housing crisis in America.
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy – I’m ashamed to admit this, but I read an entire half of this book and then DROPPED IT last year! Not on purpose, but I got distracted by a slew of ARC’s that I needed to read by a deadline, and they never seemed to end…and the months went by and I never got any further with Tolstoy, though I genuinely enjoyed the portion I read. I won’t let this happen again!!!
- Diary of a Provincial Lady By E.M. Delafield – everyone keeps telling me I’ll adore this story, so I’ve nabbed a copy.
- Kitchen Confidential by Anthony Bourdain – I love all his shows, and after reading a couple of writing samples of his I have to read this book ASAP.
- Swing Time by Zadie Smith – I received a copy for Christmas and can’t wait to dive into the world of dance!