TGIF, y’all! What are your plans for the weekend? I have come down with a bit of a head cold, which actually gives me the perfect excuse to read in bed all weekend long, guilt-free!
I have several e-galleys on my Kindle that are coming out soon that I need to finish so I can review them for Netgalley. The one I’m most excited to dive into is The Wangs Vs. The World by Jade Chang. It’s Chang’s debut novel and Houghton Mifflen Harcourt has done an incredible ad campaign for this book; I’ve heard TONS of buzz among bloggers and Instagram accounts! It comes out on October 4, so I’ll let y’all know before then what I thought about the novel.
Anyway, to kick off our weekend right, I gathered a few links from around the Internet for y’all to enjoy and explore for travel, current events, and book news!
- Rick Steves Best and Worst of Europe – Came across this yesterday on the Rick Steves site. I’m quite a fan of Mr. Rick, and it was fun to hear his honest opinions on his favorite (and not so favorite) destinations. He also lets you know that his opinion changes a lot, so don’t worry if your favorite city is on his “worst” list! It’s all in good fun ;).
- The Skimm News emails : Making it easier to be smarter, FOR FREE. It’s a daily (Mon-Fri) email delivered to your inbox in the AM with a “highlights” version of all the major news stories from the past 24 hours. I read it every morning as soon as I wake up. They have giveaways for trips and monthly meet ups with other Skimmers!
Now they even have a new Skimm Ahead app (app is free for the first month, the email is always free), which integrates with your calendar for fun stuff like when your favorite football team is playing or the latest season of “Stranger Things” is released on Netflix. I am such a huge fan that I have become a Skimmbassador ; if you sign up for The Skimm or their Skimm Ahead app using the link I posted above I am in the running for some cool Skimm gear, and once you become a Skimmer you could also earn them! It’s worth checking out!
- Litsy – Has anyone been using this new book app? I downloaded it on my phone a while ago but just started really getting into it (user name is mytablesofcontent if you wanna find me!). It’s a fun combination of Instagram and Goodreads – you write reviews or post quotes of the book you’re reading and can post pictures as well, and people can comment and like your blurbs. It’s addicting!
- AMAZING RAJASTHAN CITIES THAT WILL MAKE YOU FEEL ROYAL – I am obsessed with this travel blog, My Life’s A Movie. This is one of my favorite posts that she has done recently because, as y’all might know from a previous post, I’m traveling to India in November (!!). During my trip I’ll be visiting Rajasthan, and the prospect of spending the night in an actual palace sounds pretty dang appealing!!
5. 53 More Bookish Movies and TV Shows Streaming on Netflix – in case you’re not in a reading mood but still want to feel literary :).