The Sunshine Blogger Award is an award given to bloggers by bloggers. It is given to “bloggers who are positive and creatively inspire others in the blogosphere.”
I was nominated for this award by the fabulous Outcast Wayfarer ! She has a beautiful and witty travel blog so this is an extra honor to be nominated by her! Please check out her site and a big THANK YOU! Would love to work with you on a travel post :).
Here are the rules for the Sunshine Award:
- Thank the person who nominated you in a blog post and link back to their blog.
- Answer the eleven questions sent by the person who nominated you.
- Nominate eleven blogs to receive the award and write them eleven new questions.
- List the rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Award logo in your post and/or your blog.
Without further ado, here I go!
- What’s the coolest thing you ever saw?
- Can’t decide between a couple of experiences..1) The Blue Mosque in Istanbul – absolutely breath taking. 2) St Peter’s Basilica in Vatican City; such beauty in honor of God.
- Your favourite movies:
- I am slightly obsessed with Nora Ephron (and her sister, Delia), so any movies written by them like “When Harry Met Sally,” “You’ve Got Mail,”” Julie and Julia,” etc. Childhood favorite includes the Anne of Green Gables movie series – I wanted to BE Anne growing up! That spunky carrot top 😉
- What’s something you’d like to achieve?
- I would LOVE to publish a novel, but I suppose first I need to write one! Daily struggle to sit down and force myself to write!
- Are you as lazy as I? You would be very lazy then.
- Well, since I haven’t gotten around to writing that novel yet, I must be pretty lazy… 😉
- What’s likeable about mosquitoes?
- After living in the South and always eaten up by mosquito bites…and now with the Zika virus fears…absolutely nothing!!
- What’s something you miss in the blogosphere?
- Honestly, I’m too new to the blogging community to have something to “miss.” It’s all fascinating to me! It does seem like everyone has to kind of already know how to do web design and blog promotion from the moment they start a blog, which can be very intimidating for someone like me who is just now learning how to use wordpress!
- Do you know that me nominating you means that I really want your blog to grow?
- That is incredibly flattering, and I’m still blown away that you care! I really love to write and to come up with engaging, interesting posts for this blog so discovering that there are readers genuinely invested in this blog is such an honor.
- How will you try to let it grow?
- Right now I’m just trying to be consistent with my posts and providing high-quality content. I’m also interacting with other bloggers in this digital world both for support and inspiration for my own blog! I haven’t made much of a social media presence yet, but have plans for an Instagram account and Twitter feed soon. Any other tips?
- For how long have you been blogging on your current blog?
- So this blog has been a dream of mine for over a year. Fear prevented me from actually making a post until this past spring (I think around March?). However, I wasn’t consistent with my posts until this summer – I am on a hiatus from working at my day job until October, as my husband and I are moving across the country. So I am DEFINITELY still a newbie and learning the ropes of web design and blogging in general!
- Who is the grossest person you ever met?
- I find anyone who is completely self-absorbed, willfully ignorant, or condescending as fairly repulsive, and unfortunately I’ve come across a few people like that in my life! I try not to dwell on the negative people though :).
- What’s to you the coolest thing in the world?
- That no matter how many trips I take, there’s always a new destination and experience out there waiting! We live in a big, chaotic, beautiful world.
And now, questions for my nominees to answer!
- What city/country would you like to travel to next?
- What book(s) are currently on your nightstand?
- What do you find most rewarding about blogging?
- Any advice to new bloggers?
- What is the craziest/wildest/most adventurous trip or journey you’ve taken?
- Three songs you always have on your travel playlist:
- What is one book you are secretly embarrassed you haven’t read yet?
- Do you have or want any pets?
- What are your favorite types of blog posts to write?
- Are you a planner or a spontaneous traveler?
- Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
Here are my personal nominees for the Sunshine Blogger Award. Each website inspires me and teaches me something new, so I wholeheartedly recommend you check them out!
- This Life in Books I love how detailed and thought-provoking her book reviews are! She also does a great job of having variety in her reading life and interesting list posts.
- Biblioglobal Reading books from every country? What a cool idea! Since my two main passions are reading and travel, this blog was basically made for me to read!
- The Book Feminist This is a new blog that I came across during my participation in the #24in48readathon. I really love the mission behind this blog to bring awareness to social justice issues around the world while also promoting wonderful books. This blog is going to do great things!
- Bookish Tendencies This is one of my all-time favorite blogs! Reading her posts makes me feel like I’m chatting about books over coffee with a friend. We also have similar tastes in books. Love her reading recs!
- Dine and Rhyme: food and poetry in a magical combination! I always have to grab a snack after reading her blog posts.
- Addlepates and Book Nerds a wonderful classic review blog, particularly for YA books!
- Traveled Life I just started following this blog, and was immediately inspired by his beautiful travel photos! His posts are also high quality in the content – I feel like I’m actually learning something while reading his posts. Highly recommend!
- Samantha in Transit One of my favorite travel blogs, hands down. I feel like I could be friends with her and travel together! Her posts inspire my future trips, and she has a beautiful, streamlined, and organized blog design that I really appreciate. Plus her insta photos are 100% on fleek!
- The Critiquing Chemist LOVE having another blogger who has a very different day job from her blogging world! Like Sarah, in my day job I do something completely unrelated to reading or traveling (I’m a dentist), but I have a passion for writing about the places I see, the books I read, and the things I eat! Her reviews are thought-provoking and well written!
- Nut Free Nerd Isn’t this blog design absolutely adorable? I loved her recent post about her thoughts on Gone With the Wind. Great choices in books!
- Booker Talk LOVE this blog. In depth reviews, discussions on the latest book award nominees, and the publishing industry in general. Insightful comments and high quality picks!
There were so many other blogs I wish I could add to this list, but I had to keep it down to 11! Please check all of them out as they each bring unique and inspiring content to the blogging world :). And thanks again to An Outcast Wayfarer for nominating me!